RE: V-Max and other odd motors

To: "'ardunbill@webtv.net'" <ardunbill@webtv.net>,
Subject: RE: V-Max and other odd motors
From: "Albaugh, Neil" <albaugh_neil@ti.com>
Date: Thu, 9 Oct 2003 11:24:29 -0500
Bill;

Sounds awesome but I'll bet it was a configuration based on compromise
rather than what would have been better.

Water-cooling cylinder barrels is not very difficult-- just place a larger
cylindrical tube around the cylinder, seal both ends, and run water between
the two. Water-cooling the cylinder heads would probably have meant going to
a foundry for
cu$tom ca$tings. Granted, the cooler cylinder barrels probably sucked some
of the heat out of the heads but I'll bet they would have made more power
with water-cooled heads.

Some times we just have to say "That's not as good as it could be but it's
good enough".

Regards, Neil     Tucson, AZ