Re: Bench racing with JD part 1

To: Joe Amo <jkamo@rap.midco.net>
Subject: Re: Bench racing with JD part 1
From: Bryan Savage <basavage@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 07 Oct 2003 22:53:39 -0700
Well........

I see a problem coming in the years ahead. I have watched the
development of
electronic ignition for some time. I built a Delta Mark 10 CD ignition
in about
1972 or 3 which worked impressively.
Every year some one comes out with a new bell or whistle in their racing
ignition systems. I believe that in 3 to 5 years all racing ignitions
will have
some method of controlling the rate of engine rpm change. (slew rate)
The only exception will be special low volume units made for NASCAR
with a built in telemetry and test computer. Probably won't cost more
than 5 or 10 thousand dollars. Nothing to a NASCAR team.

It's going to be interesting to watch and I hope I'm wrong because there's
already too much that I don't understand.

Bryan