RE: Thrust

To: land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Thrust
From: John Goodman <ggl205@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 10 Oct 2003 15:35:07 -0700 (PDT)
"Part of my bias is because I think that there are
more difficult technical problems to solve with
traction-drive vehicles than there are with pure
thrust-drive."

I would consider breaking the sound barrier on land a
most technically challenging problem. Especially since
no one had done it before (excluding the Bud rocket
car. That sound barrier "record" is still somewhat
questionable).

Russ, I also agree that wheel driven records are what
counts most.

John Goodman