Re: Thrust

To: land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Thrust
From: "Thomas E. Bryant" <saltracer@awwwsome.com>
Date: Fri, 10 Oct 2003 15:57:54 -0700
List,
Here are my thoughts on the subject.... Sure great speed has been
attained with thrust power, and I admire their accomplishments. However,
from a hot rodder's point of view, one thing that hasn't been said,
wheel propelled vehicles cannot be compared to thrust vehicles. That is
why most of us don't get terribly excited when they are mentioned.

Although I admire Richard Noble and Andy Green's place in the record
books, I take my hat off to Vesco, White, Teague and others of the wheel
driven venue. (and the bikes & riders also) It has to be a different,
and more difficult, ride when traction is required to overcome the wind
and attain the speed. After all we all can identify with this.

Russel, you are right about the general public, even within our own
ranks, the faster speeds accomplished is what is noted. A reasonable
slow vehicle have made a greater accomplishment reaching its speed than
the much faster vehicle that got the attention.

Tom, Redding CA - #216 D/CC