RE: Suspension

To: "Albaugh, Neil" <albaugh_neil@ti.com>, "'Keith Turk'"
Subject: RE: Suspension
From: "Russel Mack" <rtmack@concentric.net>
Date: Mon, 13 Oct 2003 15:43:20 -0500
Neil:
it was Danny Sullivan (driving for Penske) who did the famous "spin-to-win"
while leading at Indy-- sometime between about '85 & '94, I think. (Anyway,
it was whichever Indy 500 that he won.) So it wasn't of the era that is
normally referred to as an Indy "roadster", but a much more modern,
rear-engine car.  Coming out of #4 onto to the front straight, if I remember
right.

Maybe Clark or Hill did it too, but I would think I would remember that,
since I was an open-wheel fanatic back in those days, and Jimmy Clark is my
all-time favorite driver.

I saw (TV) Andretti the Elder do a similar trick (after stopping nose-to-the
wall in a traffic tangle) in the much tighter confines of pit road.
Russ, #1226B