Re: Thrust

To: "Joe Amo" <jkamo@rap.midco.net>
Subject: Re: Thrust
From: "Jim Belford" <jimbelford@msn.com>
Date: Fri, 10 Oct 2003 20:47:26 -0600
The yawn had nothing to do with LSR. ;=)
Unofficial records don't count (except for self satisfaction).
Hey, nothing wrong with normally aspirated. In fact 2 mph is pretty good
from what I understand.
Last year you told me 167 mph was "good" for my bike. Well moving up to
183.822 with no engine work put a smile on my face.
The problem I had cutting my bike was riding it to work without a tail
light. If I were to cut the fender (and add some real plastic)  it would
definately be even higher than 2.5 mph over the existing record (since the
fender is not additional streamilining like some bikes).
For next year you will see much more than cutting the fender.
You work on whatever matches your goals. I will work on mine.
My near time goal is to be in compliance next year and get the production
and MPS records.
The following year, I wil be coming after the MPS-F 1000cc  record (I feel a
need to play with NOS).
Perhaps after that I will try the "turbo".

Best wishes,

Landspeed JIM   :=)