thrust vehicles

To: "land speed" <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: thrust vehicles
From: "Dan Warner" <dwarner@electrorent.com>
Date: Thu, 9 Oct 2003 05:29:59 -0700
Now that is interesting. How did they interrupt? Force of arms? Or what?
Seems like the at the time owner of the salt would have had control of it.

Oh another question along the way. I am not keeping you from anything am I?
What about propeller driven vehicles, like an air boat on wheels (what an
image that is..).
Mayf,

Interruptions to a focused racer would include delays in qualifying time, down
time while the timing equipment had to be reset for kilo and standing mile
distances and time wasted while they dicked with their piece. Remember this
was the 70s and the equipment and scoring were not as sophisticated as it is
today.

re: prop vehicles, see Franklin Ratcliff articles about his Propster in BRN.

DW