Re: DBB turbo's

To: Flowbench@aol.com
Subject: Re: DBB turbo's
From: Dave Dahlgren <ddahlgren@snet.net>
Date: Wed, 22 Oct 2003 15:21:09 -0400
There is traction control and engine control.. What amazes me is the seemingly
west coast attitude that anything that might help hook up the car is traction
control. If that definition were correct then a driver would be traction control
and therefore illegal to have in the car. Of course them my wildest dreams would
come true and could build a car with no consideration for a driver..
Let me elaborate just briefly..
Engine control is to control the output of the engine for any reason i see fit..
Traction control is to limit wheel speed and torque delivery to the wheels..

Engine control is to keep the engine in a safe and predictable torque
curve/cylnder pressure range..
Traction control generally involves slowing down the offending wheel using the
brake on that wheel.
How can so many people seem so smart and then say controlling the engine is
traction control.
The driver can always press harder on the pedal and over ride almost any thing
you do to save the engine.
Is an ignition advance curve traction control? if so there sure are a lot of
illegal cars out there.. The same might be said of the suspension systems used
as well...
Dave