Re: Bonneville 200mph club minimums...

To: List Land Speed <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Bonneville 200mph club minimums...
From: "John Beckett" <saltracer@servusa.com>
Date: Wed, 22 Oct 2003 19:44:49 -0400
 First of all, I hate minimums, and Keith (East Coast Two Club President)
knows my feelings on this. On the other hand entrance to any of the four 200
MPH clubs should be difficult to achieve and not a slam dunk. So do we
establish and increase minimums as technology progresses? Don't know what
the best alternative is...and maybe we already have it, but did I mention I
hate minimums.

    BTW I got in the Club in 1992 at 210.189 breaking one of Tom Bryant's
records. Ideally everyone should achieve membership by breaking a record
over 200 MPH. Guess life would be simpler if the record book was full before
this minimum stuff came up.

JB, #79, D/GCC