RE: Running Weight Measurement

To: "'Arne.Hulstein@digitaldreamers.info'"
Subject: RE: Running Weight Measurement
From: "Albaugh, Neil" <albaugh_neil@ti.com>
Date: Wed, 29 Oct 2003 10:53:27 -0600
Arne;

I'm actually with Glen on this one-- I don't think the driver can watch a
ride-height readout and react fast enough to be of much value. Where it
could be useful is to record that data on a run and analyze it afterwards.
As you work up in speed, going faster in each succeeding run, you can spot a
lift problem developing and make aero modifications. Otherwise, without that
data, he is driving only "by the seat of his pants" and he may not sense the
incipient problem until disaster overtakes him.

Actually, too much downforce can also be a problem. It's tough on tires.

Regards, Neil    Tucson, AZ