Re: Towing vehicles?

To: "Dick J" <lsr_man@yahoo.com>, "John Beckett"
Subject: Re: Towing vehicles?
From: "JOE LANCE" <jolylance@earthlink.net>
Date: Thu, 20 Nov 2003 21:42:47 -0500
Exactly right Dick J:

The only way buying a motor home makes financial sense is if you're going to
sell your house and live in the motor home 365 days a year.  And if you do
that, think about how cranky your woman would get after that many days on
the road---you might need to tow a dog house behind you as a safe place to
hide!!

lance

> I've battled that motor home idea for years too.  I finally just sat down
and put a pencil to it.  Don't forget tags and insurance that you pay on a
parked vehicle too.  What I came up with was that I can stay at the best
hotels on every trip for the rest of my life (I figured twenty years!!)and
not reach the cost of the motorhome for about three of those years.  Hey,
that motorhome would cost seven times what good hotels would!  That idea
about pulling over for a nap appealed to me too, but I found that a good KOA
campground costs damned near what a decent hotel costs!  And they don't give
free breakfast!   AND, that problem about how to run around once you get
there goes away.  So, I bought a new car and truck instead.