CFD aka Computational Fluid Dynamics

To: land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: CFD aka Computational Fluid Dynamics
From: Flowbench@aol.com
Date: Wed, 17 Dec 2003 01:14:56 EST
Time to ask the list for some input.
I have recently been involved with a race team that had an accident at the
salt. This car and another I'm involved with were/are running very close to
what
we believe to be there aero limits. There are several things that could be
done to help, but what seems to come up the most is CFD. Does anyone have
actual
experience using this software? Does anyone know of a program where we can
pay for this evaluation? This software goes for over $35,000 and is still
undergoing testing in most cases that I'm aware of. Gary Eakers wind tunnel is
also
up for discussion but in a limited format because of air speed and the limited
number of changes that can be made to the car vs. computer modeling.
Thanks for your thoughts
Mike