Re: Traction control II

To: saltracer@awwwsome.com
Subject: Re: Traction control II
From: Bryan Savage <basavage@earthlink.net>
Date: Sat, 20 Dec 2003 12:08:35 -0800
I agree 100% Tom.

The ethical standards hammered into me by my parents make me very
disappointed
in us Americans sometimes.
I would be very surprised if this type of traction control hasn't been
tested at
Bonneville. I see that as satisfying curiosity.
I just hope some spineless cretin hasn't used it in competition
That said, I would like to see it allowed in the Streamliner class. Over
300 mph
the driver is reacting to what happened 100 yards ago so what the driver
does
at that speed is far less important than what a driver does in a stock
derived
car at 200 mph.
It also might delay the end of competition for the cars that must run on
M/T tires.

We all must work together to keep Bonneville an Honest Amateur LSR race.
If I knew a car was using TC under the current rules, I would steal the mike
from the radio station people and make my accusation personally.
The only way this can be policed is if racers do it. It can't be done any
other way.

Bryan