Re: Traction control II

To: land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Traction control II
From: Ironwigwam2@aol.com
Date: Sun, 21 Dec 2003 07:18:25 EST
Tom and Bryan,
   I have been quietly following this topic with an above average intrigue.
We are planning to bring our MC streamliner out this year and planning on using
a system of our own design to monitor wheel speed and relay the info to
driver so he could control the throttle or clutch to keep at a certain amount
of
wheel spin.
   Basically a system like some boats use with two sensors to monitor front
and rear wheel speed. When the rear wheel over speeds the front by say 4% a
yellow light comes on and at 7% a red light comes on to tell driver its bad.
Then
the driver must make the corrections. This will be recorded on a program for
retrieval later.
    Am I correct in thinking this system is not a true traction control
because all it does is monitor wheel spin? I suppose I should be running this
by
the rules committee, but I do not think it is a true traction control as it can
not change anything, only inform the driver of a situation.
   Any input from veterans will be helpful for us rookies.
   Happy Holidays,
    Rick Dillinger
   ironwigwam.com