RE: Traction control II

To: "Thomas E. Bryant" <saltracer@awwwsome.com>,
Subject: RE: Traction control II
From: "Dave Dahlgren" <ddahlgren@snet.net>
Date: Sat, 20 Dec 2003 16:44:31 -0500
It is just another example of large organizations trying to police what can
not be done. It is silly and self serving at best at worst it is draconian..
Consider endlessly being accused of something because Mr. or Ms. Secondplace
starts accusing every that beats them of cheating.. The winner has the
stigma of being a cheater and the Second Placer is redeemed. Worst yet no
one knows who is right. It might be time to grow up and realize both
personal and organizational limitations and just make it another tool in the
toolbox. With multiple millions at their disposable NASCAR,CART,IRL and F1
cannot police this issue. What in the world would make anyone think that
SCTA/BNI can?

As an aside to this it is still not traction control. It is tongue limiting
and while it helps control traction it is still not traction control as it
would be obvious to every one that there are electronic devices connected to
the braking system. What it actually has to be is a slew rate rev limiter
using timing control to keep the engine accel rate balanced.

Dave