Re: Traction control II

To: land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Traction control II
From: "Thomas E. Bryant" <saltracer@awwwsome.com>
Date: Sun, 21 Dec 2003 12:47:17 -0800
Dave,

I have no quarrel with anything you say in this post. I, too, have a
2002 Pontiac of the Trans Am version. All the modern cars that I know of
have some sort of anti-wheel-spin technology. This is defined as
traction control in my book. It is also BNI legal on the cars that came
with it, I would think (Similar to the spoiler issue of old). I really
have no quarrel with this being legal for everyone. I measure the wheel
slip on our car. At present there is little to none. I am confident that
this would change with enough added HP. Whether or not it is being used
in competition against me is not a concern of mine.

Simply stated, I am just "old fashion" enough to think that we should go
by the rules. Too many of our standards are being stretched to fit our
mood at the moment, or just outright ignored. There has to be a right
and wrong way of living life. Rules and/or standards must be put in
place by some recognized individual or group. For the game to be played
fairly, the rules must be followed whether I agree with them or not.
When I enter the competition, I have, whether spoken or not, agreed to
follow the rules of the game.

Tom, Redding CA - #216 D/CC