RE: TC the Devil's work

To: <Nt788@aol.com>, <Bill.Smith@sandycorp.com>, <jkamo@rap.midco.net>
Subject: RE: TC the Devil's work
From: "Dave Dahlgren" <ddahlgren@snet.net>
Date: Wed, 24 Dec 2003 06:55:38 -0500
Jack wan't it you that said TC would make you quicker.. Quicker is still the
shortest time between two points like the mile markers for instance. Funny I
always thought LSR was about being quickest between the mile markers. I
would be just as happy to say I had a car make a 9 second pass through the
last mile markers. The units really are not that important and I thought
Glen was measuring the time between the markers and computing the speed. So
this is a drag race and F=MA still works..
F is fixed it is the power under the hood
M is the car and any ballast  if you have more M you get less A.. And
everyone knows when are not getting any A.. you are not going to be happy..
here is an example..
http://www.aloha.com/~isaac/3laws/2.htm
I want everyone in any class i am racing to use as much ballast as they can
fit in the car i will even help load it and suggest the driver carry a
couple extra bars of lead in their firesuit especially on a return run so as
to not take any chances.. It makes you wonder why every other form of racing
they have minimum weight rules, maybe they don't want the drivers to get any
A..
Dave