Re: Winter projects + another reminder.

To: Glen Barrett <speedtimer@charter.net>
Subject: Re: Winter projects + another reminder.
From: Doug Odom <dlodom@charter.net>
Date: Tue, 30 Dec 2003 12:54:29 -0800
Glen, Tim Rocklitzer has put doors into the sides of his lakester
because when he had a blower pop it messed up the body. He used gas tank
filler access doors from some kind of newer car. You pull them out to
look inside or put out a fire. I'm going to do something similar on the
liner. Most of the fires I've seen in landspeed racing has come from oil
pan failures. Yeah, they failed to keep all the  engine parts inside the
pan.    Doug Odom in big ditch