Re: Winter projects + another reminder.

To: land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Winter projects + another reminder.
From: John Szalay <john.szalay@att.net>
Date: Tue, 30 Dec 2003 16:28:05 -0500
At 12:54 PM 12/30/03 -0800, you wrote:
>G Most of the fires I've seen in landspeed racing has come from oil pan
>failures. Yeah, they failed to keep all the  engine parts inside the pan.
>Doug Odom in big ditch

  Yep. chased Betty B. in the 125 coupe at WOS in Sept down the course
with flames showing.
 Then spent the next hour or two picking up bits of engine block &
rods down the course from 5 mile to 3 mile.  gave the larger bits back
to them in the pits, did keep one nickel sized bit of engine block
just for the heck of it...   the rest ended up in the trash can in the
USFRA motorhome.