Re: Winter projects + another reminder.

To: land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Winter projects + another reminder.
From: John Szalay <john.szalay@att.net>
Date: Tue, 30 Dec 2003 11:13:11 -0500
At 05:43 PM 12/29/03 -0500, you wrote:

>    Then to build a hinge mound for the hood. All those Dzus fasteners were a
>pain, not to mention a disaster waiting to happen, if there was ever a fire.
>
>    JB
>    #79, C/GCC

  Wondering, has anyone that uses the Dzus and considered the same fire/what-if
train of thought,  considered adding the fire/inspection ports, as used on the
Bell
huey helicopters. (believe other flingwings as well.)

they consist of a oval shaped access port, that are really only spring loaded
doors that swing inwards,  they allow ground crew to look up into the engine
and trans area of the helicopter and if needed, to stick the horn of a fire
extinguisher.   this allows the skin of the bird to remain streamlined but
still allow access. the spring was fairly heavy so that air flow would
no open the door by accident.

 I know I stared into many a one, while holding a WAY-too-small
extinguisher during my days on LZs, years ago in another life.

  ALSO

 the Print promo for the  "Tactical to Practical" show this evening

reads   " the fastest vehicles on land and sea."  first on the
program    at  9PM EST/ 8 CST   History channel  ....