RE: Down Force Spoiler - - Aeronautics Question

To: "'saltracer@awwwsome.com'" <saltracer@awwwsome.com>
Subject: RE: Down Force Spoiler - - Aeronautics Question
From: "Albaugh, Neil" <albaugh_neil@ti.com>
Date: Mon, 19 Jan 2004 11:08:30 -0600
Tom;

The idea behind an underside venturi is to do something similar-- create a
low pressure area under the rear of the car; this creates a net downforce.
Unfortunately the rule book says you can't use a venturi in most classes but
I guess the vent is allowed.

Yes, if a vent is used, airflow is diverted to the low pressure area behind
the rear window and then any venturi action would be lost. Although the
airflow is diverted, the results are similar-- higher aerodynamic stability.

Regards, Neil    Tucson, AZ