Re: Down Force Spoiler - - Aeronautics Question

To: "Thomas E. Bryant" <saltracer@awwwsome.com>,
Subject: Re: Down Force Spoiler - - Aeronautics Question
From: "James Tone" <gmc6power@earthlink.net>
Date: Fri, 16 Jan 2004 17:13:59 -0800
Listen to Tom.  It's the best thing to do on all coupes.  A few years ago I
mentioned the vent to a Studebaker competitor and he said he didn't need one
because the that was "old days" before the new spoiler rules.  I've watched
him spin around a few times and saw his spoiler get bigger and bigger.  Too
bad he won't listen, Oh well.  I would much rather have a less drag spoiler
and a vent. At one time I thought if you came up with a Studie and didn't
have a vent they sent you home.
Body design also has a lot to do with it.  Our 1940 Chevrolet coupe rear
lifted when it reached 150.  I restricted it to not running on those classes
where the speeds are that high until I put in a vent.  Roadsters need them
too and they are allowed. Only one competitor takes advatage of them.  I
would but I don't have the room.  Hey!!! Have Fun Go Fast
From: "Thomas E. Bryant" <saltracer@awwwsome.com>