Re: Down Force Spoiler - - Aeronautics Question

To: Dick J <lsr_man@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: Down Force Spoiler - - Aeronautics Question
From: "Thomas E. Bryant" <saltracer@awwwsome.com>
Date: Fri, 16 Jan 2004 14:14:00 -0800
Dick,

The best aero device that the Studebakers employ is the venting of the
deck behind the rear window to underneath the car. These car used to fly
at about 180 MPH. The vent cured the problem. With that in mind, I
exhaust the cooling system air behind the rear window on our coupe. It
helps to break up a low pressure area.

Burkland's old Stude has a spoiler. It set the record in A/CC in 1978 at
255+. It has been on the Salt the last couple of years. You might want
to take a look at it.

Tom, Redding CA - #216 D/CC