Seeking Sports car help (Sort of LSR)

To: lsr list autox <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Seeking Sports car help (Sort of LSR)
From: Dick J <lsr_man@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 23 Jan 2004 17:31:46 -0800 (PST)
Yah, Yah, I know, this is not the right forum.  I've tried the "right" forums
and am getting no help.  At least this list has a bunch of guys who know which
end of the wrench is box and which is open!  That other list has a bunch of
"enthusiasts" who do all their wrenching and tuning with an American Express
card!

Does anybody on the list have a friend who really knows his stuff regarding
vintage Porsches.  Specifically, 1976 912E?  Quite a rare car - less than 2000
built!

The 912E has a regular points ignition, but was the first Porsche to have
electronic fuel injection.  I am encountering what I am sure is a rev limiter
of some sort, and I want to by-pass it.  It has to be something in the fuel
injection. Porsche used an electronic distributor rotor for rev limiting in the
more common 911 models, but not in the 912E.  (A rotor with built in rev
limiter - - -gheess - - what next?)

I guess this message really is LSR-related, because I want to by-pass this rev
limiter so I can run the car at Maxton, otherwise I won't even bother loading
it on the trailer.

Dick J
In East Texas