Re: Seeking Sports car help (Sort of LSR)

To: List Land Speed <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Seeking Sports car help (Sort of LSR)
From: Bryan Savage <basavage@earthlink.net>
Date: Sat, 24 Jan 2004 09:15:49 -0800
Dick,
I was going to suggest you contact Pork Pie but I see he is already on
the job.
I believe you have a Bosch  >> analogue << electronic system. What you will
probably need to do is change a component on the injection circuit
board. This
will require two things. A component location diagram of the board and
(the biggie) instruction from a person that understands exactly how the rev
limiting circuit works.
If you do get the information, find a skilled person to do the soldering
because
it requires special tools and it's an art. It is very, very, very easy
to ruin a
circuit board with a soldering iron. If you must do it yourself, get the
tools
and a circuit board from Radio Shack to practice on.
One question you should try to get answered is 'what is the RPM limit
for reliable operation?' It may be that above 5,500 the injectors won't open
and close fast enough or they would be open 100% and the engine would
lean out.

If Pork Pie can't get the information, it may not be available. In this case
I would try to sweet talk a dealer into contacting the importer about
putting you in contact with the factory. I'm sure someone at the factory
could provide the information you need.
Of course Dave has the best solution - a modern digital system.

Good luck,
Bryan