Re: The Toyota NASCAR Racing Engine.

To: John Beckett <saltracer@servusa.com>
Subject: Re: The Toyota NASCAR Racing Engine.
From: Bryan Savage <basavage@earthlink.net>
Date: Sun, 15 Feb 2004 22:08:25 -0800
John,
Whoever thought the Toyota engineers were looking at the " Dodge, Ford
and Chevy engines first"
forgot that they have IRL, CART and F-1 engines that they designed, back
at the shop to look at.
Toyota engines dominated CART last year and their IRL engines won the
series the first time out
in 2003. The Toyota F-1 effort has been OK. It's their second year in F-1.
They didn't have to make it look like like anything that had ever been
built before.
As I said, if they can get some smart Americans to show them how to keep
the valves under complete
control at all times, their engines will never break (well almost)
My guess is that Toyota and the teams they support will spend more money
in 2004 than all truck
teams combined spent in 2003.
At this time NASCAR is a product that business is willing to spend money
on, big money.
Entertaining to watch, but I wouldn't want to have anything to do with it.

Have fun,
Bryan