RE: The Toyota NASCAR Racing Engine.

To: "Bryan Savage" <basavage@earthlink.net>,
Subject: RE: The Toyota NASCAR Racing Engine.
From: "Dave Dahlgren" <ddahlgren@snet.net>
Date: Mon, 16 Feb 2004 05:02:48 -0500
If Toyota can keep valves under control at 17k rpm do you think they might
need whom to teach them a lesson?? My bet is if NASCAR does not have an RPM
limit rule they will soon.

Amen on the entertainment value of NASCAR it is sort of like the WWF of
racing. But we all know the wrestling is real, right?

I think if you want to watch some circle track racing maybe the sprinters on
dirt or some Saturday night bullring with the super modified cars. I wish
they had VCRs in the days of Fred Desaro and Carl 'Buggsy' Stevens.. They
had enough talent to make the chase scene in 'Bullet' look like OJ's low
speed pursuit.. They raced modified cars on asphalt tracks before NASCAR was
so helpful with all the rules. They had rules like 4 tires, 1 engine, seat
belts and a helmet. Actually I am not sure if the 1 engine was a rule LOL..
Some place I have a picture of Richie Evans in a open wheel modified at
Daytona running 190 mph on the straights and it was faster that the 'Winston
cup cars' at the time although I am sure it was not what they were called
then..
Dave