RE: Fire Safety

To: "Gary C. Hensley" <gary@arrowracing.org>,
Subject: RE: Fire Safety
From: "Albaugh, Neil" <albaugh_neil@ti.com>
Date: Mon, 15 Mar 2004 10:48:35 -0600
Gary;

There are lots of different ways of detecting fires; different
applications use different technologies. See:

http://www.fire.org.uk/aviation/papers/home.htm

I found a couple of new Kidde Aerospace optical flame detectors on the
surplus market and bought them to install in my mid-engine MS that I'm
building. http://www.kiddeaerospace.com/product.shtml

After having my Porsche 911 catch on fire while I was driving dowbn the
street blissfully unaware of what was going on behind me, I'll say again
"In a rear-engine car, the driver is the last to know that he's on
fire!".

Regards, Neil    Tucson, AZ