Fire Safety

To: "Land Speed" <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Fire Safety
From: "Bob Jepson" <bobbyhotrods@comcast.net>
Date: Mon, 15 Mar 2004 20:41:35 -0500
For what it's worth, up here in New England alot of us folks use #2 oil-fired
burners to get our houses warm. As part of the safety design burners use a
"Cad Cell" to optically detect flame such that the system will shut down if
the light of the flame is not present. This puny pigtailed device has 600-800
ohms when it's seeing light, over 10K ohms when it sees dark. I've never
bought one but it couldn't cost more than a couple of bucks.
No doubt it would work well in a closed compartment for fire detection on a
budget.
I'd be happy to get a few and send 'em along if anyone wanted to play with the
idea....BJ in the Bean, where safety comes first!