Re: Fire Safety

To: "Rick Byrnes" <rick@rbmotorsports.com>,
Subject: Re: Fire Safety
From: Higginbotham Land Speed Racing <saltrat@lubricationdynamics.com>
Date: Mon, 15 Mar 2004 11:07:46 -0600
Rick,
I use a fire warning sensor that is used in buildings. Kitchens, I'm told.
It has 2 circuits (one for a backup) and operates on any voltage up to 120.
I have it located in back of the engine(s) over the trans and shielded from
direct heat in the engine compartment. It is in a circuit that includes a
red trailer clearance light located in the lower left corner of the
cockpit. Its sort of dark down there and when the light is tested, it
really is noticeable. We tested one of the sensors with a BBQ lighter and
it operated perfectly. Supposed to make the circuit at 500 degrees F. See a
fire suppression expert for more details as I got this one from the fire
extinguisher company that services my bottles. If you like, I can call him
(Safequip in Austin,TX) and see what it is.
Skip (warm in Pahrump where the 2 stage OD unit is going into the "Rose"
using the new gantry crane)