Oil Viscosity

To: land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: Oil Viscosity
From: RACE427@aol.com
Date: Thu, 18 Mar 2004 22:48:18 EST
Thick, heavy oil is old school thinking, past technology.  With the new
Synthetic oils thinner is better and faster!  We all agree that anything which
reduces drag on the engine's rotational mass will result in faster
acceleration,
more HP and torque and faster top speeds.

  The only problem I have run into with 0W30 Synthetic is noisy hydraulic
lifters on a cold start because of lifter leakdown from sitting for a couple of
days.  No big deal as it quiets down after a minute or two.  With 5W30
Synthetic there is no noise.

  If 5W30 can handle my Cummins it can handle a gasoline engine with no
problems.  Nothing loads a Rod bearing like a Diesel's pounding!    Clackity
clack,
clack !   LOL

                            Regards,   Tony G