Re: Oil Viscosity

To: John Beckett <saltracer@servusa.com>
Subject: Re: Oil Viscosity
From: "Thomas E. Bryant" <saltracer@awwwsome.com>
Date: Fri, 19 Mar 2004 17:43:38 -0800
John,

I think you are correct. All oils have to meet a certain API Standard. I
believe that most automotive oils have the same ratings and a diesel
will have a different API requirement. This subject gets to be a lot
like politics, everyone has a sincere belief which they promote. Not too
much real research to back it up. I have used many different brands with
no adverse results.

I use the 20W-50 Pennzoil at present. I have thought of going to a
lighter oil, but hate to fool with success.

Tom, Redding CA - #216 D/CC