Re: Oil Viscosity

To: "Keith Turk" <kturk@adelphia.net>,
Subject: Re: Oil Viscosity
From: "piggy" <piggy@accessatc.net>
Date: Fri, 19 Mar 2004 23:17:40 -0500
Like you I've run many oils... none with any ill effect.

in thousands of engines ( yes in my navy career i saw thousands , we had
over 300 rolling stock alone in one command ) and even in the day when we
did oil sample analyasis , i have yet to see an engine failure that was
directly related to oil failure , oil pump failure yes  or oil level
insufficient , but not a breakdown of oil that caused that failure. it takes
a mighty hard pounding to make oil fail , in fact if we had veggie
shortening and high enough oil pressure then it would run in an engine.
the most common problems with oil though is excess heat and excess cold .
so give me any oil in a pinch
give me any brand when i cant get my brand
i will mix brands if needed and will see no ill results
i prefer synthetic as it holds up to heat better and " seems " to be slicker
and is reported to be so by the manuf.
i use pennzoil in my old beater
mobil one in my harley
if i get my new dodge diesel it will have syn

your mileage may ( will ) of course vary

don t.

---