Re: Potentiometers...? ( who cares how it's spelled )

To: James Tone <gmc6power@earthlink.net>, Keith Turk <kturk@ala.net>,
Subject: Re: Potentiometers...? ( who cares how it's spelled )
From: ENGINE SYSTEMS <ddahlgren@snet.net>
Date: Sun, 20 Jun 2004 03:38:03 -0700 (PDT)
It is cheaper to datalog the run and figure out what went wrong or needs to be
changed to find some more speed than it is to put 100 passes on the car and
wonder what to do. It is good to see you acknowledge the need for a
transmission though. i can remember when you thought they were not needed and 1
or 2 gears was more than enough. Data acquisition is like a dyno for the car.
Every time you run it you learn something and there is no opinion involved as
to how it did or what it did.we are attempting to work a car up in speed to
some fairly serious numbers and want to make sure it will not fly when we get
there. We also don't want to crank in so much down force that the tires or
suspension has problems either.I assume you run a couple of gages in your car.
How many can you read at once? And remember what they read at what point in the
run and what their relationship to each other was?

Dave

James Tone <gmc6power@earthlink.net> wrote:
What ever happened to putting the car in gear, aiming it between the orange
square numbered signs, shifting 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, or 6 times and counting one,
two, three, four, five, pulling the chute, six, and seven and turning slowly
to the left? ? ? ? opps and have Cris take your picture.......