Re: LSR Brakes - 'chute

To: land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: LSR Brakes - 'chute
From: John Goodman <ggl205@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 29 Jun 2004 08:17:37 -0700 (PDT)
Good point, Tom. When I was very young (way too long
ago), I used to marvel at those huge rooster tails put
up buy some very fast cars. Later in life, I came to
understand those rooster tails depicted unwanted
baseline drag. Area under that "tail" was low pressure
and may make it difficult to fill a 'chute. Baseline
drag is surely something to consider when designing a
body shape.

John