Re: LSR Brakes - 'chute

To: Pork Pie <pork.pie@t-online.de>
Subject: Re: LSR Brakes - 'chute
From: Bryan Savage <b.a.savage@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 29 Jun 2004 11:50:27 -0700
Pork Pie,

Bob Stroud told me an interesting story.
He was working with the Vesco's as they approached 400 mph. Don was
beginning
to experience stability problems with the chute out until he slowed
about 50 mph.
Bob added 20 feet to the tow line because we all know - the longer the
line, the
better the  stability.
Dead wrong. Don had a very bad ride. Video showed the chute wildly
swinging around.
Bob eliminated the 20 foot extension and cut another 10 feet off.
Don found a very small amount of play in the steering which he eliminated.
Result: Chute was stable and so was the car.
Bob's conclusion was that he had put the chute back into the wake
turbulence.

Bryan