Re: LSR Brakes - 'chute

To: "John Beckett" <saltracer@servusa.com>,
Subject: Re: LSR Brakes - 'chute
From: pork.pie@t-online.de (Pork Pie)
Date: 29 Jun 2004 17:36 GMT
very often, the problem from the instability with the chute comes from the rear
end  of the car - in other words, the turbulences the rearend produce and which
"crashed" into the chute. Best example for a bad rearend - Craig Taylors big
electric car from the Ohio University, who runs last year a new electric
record. Tom Burkland and myself, we both told Craig that above
250 mph, the chute will move the cars rearend around due the bed rear end
erodynamic - the long rope will elimante the problem slightly but not really.
When he runs his 270 out of the 5 and he pulled the chute, the rear moves left
and right.
A long rope can help to reduce the instability, but at first check the rearend,
what kind of turbulences it can produce. By a streamliner some Vortex can help
to reduce the problem.
Nish use them on the 998 and Nebelous II and III got them on the rearend.

See ya

Pork Pie