Re: Dish pan hands

To: land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Dish pan hands
From: John Szalay <john.szalay@att.net>
Date: Sat, 28 Aug 2004 12:02:15 -0400
At 01:50 PM 8/27/04 -0700, you wrote:
>Bryan, Yes I agree. A few years ago coming home we stopped for gas outside
>Sacramento.Right by the gas station someone had broken a water main and the
>street was flooded about 2 feet deep. I asked the guy in the station if there
>were any holes or big dips in that street and he said no. Of course guys that
>work in gas stations in Californa don't speak much english so I took a chance
>anyway and slowly towed the racecar trailer back and forth down that street.
>Doug Odom in big ditch still getting ready for world of speed.

 We had a mill water break at the factory complex I retired from, we marked off
the area
into drive and NO-drive areas, since that was the truck entrance to the area.
 (VERY LARGE factory complex,6 large factories,  warehouse alone was 47 acres
under roof)
we told the truckers to stay within the marked lanes..

One did,nt, guess he wanted to wash the road salt off by driving thru the
deeper water
 managed to drop his whole rig into the washout,  he was not a happy camper..