Re: Hurricane Mesa

To: land-speed@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Hurricane Mesa
From: W S Potter <wester6935@comcast.net>
Date: Mon, 04 Oct 2004 19:58:14 -0600
If Rutan did indeed qualify for the $10,000,000 this morning on their sub
orbital flight we have seen another milestone just today.

What an accelerated world we live in.  My grandmother ( who was born in
1887) told of getting out of the wagon to run ahead and see if anther wagon
was coming from the other direction when they went around the "Point of the
Mountain", between Salt Lake and Utah Counties.  Today there are twelve
lanes of traffic through that area as well as a railroad right of way.  I
can remember when it was a two lane road in the 1930's.  We thought that
thirty five minutes from 12600 South in Salt Lake County to Provo was really
flying in 1951.  Now if I don't make that stretch of road in twenty five
minutes I'm pounding of the steering wheel to release my frustration at
"slow" drivers who are only going 65 mph.  The operative question is
probably: Are We Better Off Today?"

Wes