Re: Propane Flame throwers???

To: Keith Turk <kturk@ala.net>, land-speed@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Propane Flame throwers???
From: Chris Harris <yesford@clear.net.nz>
Date: Fri, 22 Oct 2004 09:55:51 +1300
I've gotta say Keith, this whole deal leaves me a little cold. Sure its a
bit of fun but can easily get out of hand.
A local bloke not fully understanding how an excessivly rich exhaust and
spark was used, made his own system. He used a windscreen washer container
and pump to squirt raw fuel into his tailpipe which vaporised then ignited
by the usual spark plug setup. If the engine was revved to give extra
exhaust force the result was, well you can imagine. Better teach the kid to
use a timing light or weld or whatever.

Chris H,  (spoiler)..............NZed.