RE: Subject: Re: First car?

To: "James Tone" <James.Tone@AES.com>, <BWANA343@aol.com>,
Subject: RE: Subject: Re: First car?
From: "Dave Dahlgren" <ddahlgren@snet.net>
Date: Wed, 1 Dec 2004 12:50:42 -0500
If all the other factory aero devices both good and bad are allowed why
would you have to take off the factory fender skirts. I would assume you
could not add custom ones but the car comes with them just like some come
with a rear wing or front air dam. It does say no streamlining.. A nice term
subject to wildly different interpretations.. But you would logically
interpret that to mean no modificatuions to streamline the car.

It does also say " Rules for this class will be strictly enforced to ensure
that cars entered herein are typical of street machines, which may be
purchased from an automobile dealer."

If it had skirts that come on the car new as either standard or optional
equiptment they are typical of what you can buy at the dealer and are in
fact stock parts that i am sure carry a factory part number. It would be a
modification to remove them not keep them.
Or is this a case of do what I say even if it is not in the rule book. The
rule book does even mention the words fender skirt under GT.
Dave