Re: Whatever did we do before Mig welders?

To: "Dick J" <lsr_man@yahoo.com>, <land-speed@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: Whatever did we do before Mig welders?
From: "Keith Turk" <kturk@ala.net>
Date: Fri, 17 Dec 2004 22:30:49 -0600
Yeah Dick it was a big swing.... but it's a stick.... I was always taught to
swing for the fence's...

Seriously.... I'm using 6011 rod ( looks a lot like an average rod to me...
what Do I know... I just bought them to do some practice on semi heavy metal
)...

The deal here is it's a perfect place to practice.... if your paying that
close of attention to my concrete equipment your not there to evaluate welding
your stealing technology.... in which case you wouldn't be there..... so in
other words.... it's a place I can truly be average and it really doesn't
count.... great place to play...

I guess an honest question at this point would be do I push the weld holding
the rod at an angle or do I flow away from it?

With Mig welding I have a tendency to pull it except when I catch myself and
push the weld... ( which really does work better )

Tig I also push the puddle....and cool it by adding more rod..... this Stick
thing I can't really get to puddle very well at all unless you consider that
mass of Molten junk a puddle.... in which case I'm not sure there's much merit
to this anyway..... hmmm

Keith ( I do have good heat penetration thou so maybe that's the merit to it
after all...)