Re: Engine Config

To: John Beckett <saltracer@servusa.com>, 3liter
Subject: Re: Engine Config
From: Ed Van Scoy <edvs@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 3 Jan 2005 18:52:32 -0800 (PST)
Well, stop & think about it..... The LT-5 is 350 CID,
but was never offered in a 1955 Chevy, but it is still
a Chevy engine, so it's a swap per 4.N (the heads,
intake manifold bolt pattern, and bellhousing are
different between an L-98 engine and an LS1, but that
doesn't really count so why should it exclude DOHC's
Doesn't say in 4.N that the cam HAS to be in the block
and ANY cam(s)can be used per 5E..... Likewise, they
never offered a 396 in a Corvette, so it IS a swap and
not Pro or GT per 4.N.....
Ed  (gotta stir the pot sometimes John)