Oil pumps

To: <land-speed@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Oil pumps
From: "Rick Byrnes" <rick@rbmotorsports.com>
Date: Fri, 28 Jan 2005 21:37:29 -0500
I am in need of some advice about oil pumps and dry sump systems.  Even
though my oiling system performed sort of OK at WF, I found the pan
evacuation to be really lacking and think I need to retire my really old
spur gear Barnes pump.  It found its way to me via my friend Don Vesco, and
had performed for a long time on a midget with an Esslinger motor.  I
rebuilt it once, but find it is in need of some attention.
So, efficiency of G rotor verses spur gears, anyone with good data?  Has
anyone done comparisons of Barnes Tri lobe vs. go rotor, vs. spur gears and
other manufacturers.
Having had success with some of Petersons components in the past, I am
seriously considering their pump.  Any comments, suggestions?
Since the existing N/A motor will eventually be replaced with an updated
version of my old turbo motor from the Merkur, I am concerned about pulling
as much vacuum on the highly boosted engine. (more flow and boost than
before).  The way it looks now, will be a 5 stage go rotor with  mechanical
fuel pump driven off the rear.
Please, anyone????

Rick Byrnes