Re: New Folks...

To: <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: New Folks...
From: Jason Elias <jasone@willowroot.ca>
Date: Tue, 22 Mar 2005 13:29:47 -0600
At 08:42 AM 18/03/2005, Keith Turk wrote:

>I've noticed a couple of new folks chiming in lately.... Which is of course
>very cool...
>
>Take a minute if you haven't posted yet and tell us a bit about yourself and
>your interest in Land Speed Racing....  or other interests for that matter...
>
>Keith ( I'm not even smart enough to remember the questions, let alone the
>answers )

OK I'll bite :-)

Name Jason Elias, residence Manitoba Canada, age, um, yeah, I have age
(actually at 31 I'm just a kid compared to - well - let's not get into that
;o) ).  Started posting a couple months back on Jon Amo's site as
StraightSix.  Had a casual interest in LSR for a long time but only fairly
recently realized that it might be something I could actually do . . . been
interested in import performance for a while, running a Mazda RX-7 right
now, which will be sold shortly in favour of ??? but whatever I get next
I'm hoping to take to the salt or El Mirage, run in production class to get
some experience, then just get nuttier as the years go by :-)  Have some
tentative plans, always enjoy working things out in my head or on 3D CAD,
which is why I got into engineering I guess - funny how I'm a furniture
designer now :-(

Really enjoy this list both the on-topic and off-topic stuff is all good . . .

Cheers