Re: New Folks...

To: "Mike Lackey" <mike_lackey@yahoo.com>, <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: New Folks...
From: "Steve Pitt" <stpitt@zipcon.net>
Date: Thu, 24 Mar 2005 20:10:38 -0800
Mike,
Don't believe anyone gave you a welcome.  So welcome!  I live in Seattle and
am a race fan, not a racer.  I don't have the money or the passion but I
love to see other people's.  I get a kick outta what these guys have to say
on this list about LSR (and many other subjects).  I don't say much as most
of the time I have virtually no idea what they are talking about.  I've been
going to Bonneville off and on for the last 5 years, El Mirage once.  I like
to take pictures and look and listen to the race cars.  I've made friends
with a few of these guys and talked to many others.  They are a great bunch.
And their race cars are really fabulous and they are serious racers.  If you
like grass roots you will like land speed.  A lot of fun.  I hope you can
see it soon and if you have racing in your blood, you'll probably be hooked.
Lots of racers from the NW too!
Regards,
Steve Pitt