New Folks...

To: land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: New Folks...
From: Joel Wolcott <wolcott_jl@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 18 Mar 2005 09:02:20 -0800 (PST)
Kieth Turk wrote:

Take a minute if you haven't posted yet and tell us a
bit about
yourself and
your interest in Land Speed Racing....  or other
interests for that
matter...

Well here goes a bit- Spent my youth around a little
bit of motorsports in California- SCCA, Dad raced an
MGA.  We did some bracket racing with Mopars. Helped
out with Super Gas drag, Busch series Nascar in
Virginia.  Stopped, built a career (Information
Security-in Virginia) and family (Wife and 4 boys).
Decided that I had a little bit of money laying around
and wanted to teach my teenagers and their little
brothers how to work on their own cars and have some
fun doing it.  Land Racing has always appealed to me.
So after discussing it with the teenagers we decided
to build a Mini-Pickup we should be able to make it to
Maxton this year maybe out to the salt.  So you might
see a few questions now and then - Though I have gone
back through all the archived messages and picked up a
rule book last year.  Lurked on the message board,
picked up the video etc... Now have to send out my
registration for memberships and get the updated rule
books.

Joel