Re: New Folks...

To: land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: New Folks...
From: Mike Lackey <mike_lackey@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 18 Mar 2005 14:29:05 -0800 (PST)
--- Keith Turk <kturk@ala.net> wrote:
> I've noticed a couple of new folks chiming in lately.... Which is of course
> very cool...
>
> Take a minute if you haven't posted yet and tell us a bit about yourself and
> your interest in Land Speed Racing....  or other interests for that matter...
>
> This list isn't about spelling and grammar its about idea's and concepts and
> those things that interest you.... keep it semi adult oriented and fun... but
> take a second and enjoy the knowledge of the group....  even if something has
> been covered in the past if you still have questions feel free to jump in.
>
> I guess that most of us don't have as many questions any more.... cause we
> know it all....
>
> Keith ( I'm not even smart enough to remember the questions, let alone the
> answers )

Well, I've been lurking on this list for quite some time now so it's probably
about time to
introduce myself.  My name is Mike and I live near Seattle.  I've never been to
the salt, but it's
interested me for a long time and eventually I'd like to get down there and at
least watch you
guys race.  I don't have a race car or even plans to build one yet, but I'm
only 27 so I figure if
I get one started in 3-5 years I'll still be one of the youngest guys out there.

I grew up around a drag strip (my dad owns Alaska Raceway Park in Butte,
Alaska) so I'm more
familiar with drag racing than LSR.  Both still interest me, but I have no
desire (nor do I have
the finances) to be competitive in drag racing.  The grassroots nature of LSR
appeals to me so I'd
like to give it a shot.

That's me in a nutshell.

Mike