Re: New Folks...

To: land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: New Folks...
From: Mike Lackey <mike_lackey@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 25 Mar 2005 11:24:36 -0800 (PST)
--- Steve Pitt <stpitt@zipcon.net> wrote:
> Mike,
> Don't believe anyone gave you a welcome.  So welcome!  I live in Seattle and
> am a race fan, not a racer.  I don't have the money or the passion but I
> love to see other people's.  I get a kick outta what these guys have to say
> on this list about LSR (and many other subjects).  I don't say much as most
> of the time I have virtually no idea what they are talking about.  I've been
> going to Bonneville off and on for the last 5 years, El Mirage once.  I like
> to take pictures and look and listen to the race cars.  I've made friends
> with a few of these guys and talked to many others.  They are a great bunch.
> And their race cars are really fabulous and they are serious racers.  If you
> like grass roots you will like land speed.  A lot of fun.  I hope you can
> see it soon and if you have racing in your blood, you'll probably be hooked.
> Lots of racers from the NW too!
> Regards,
> Steve Pitt

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone (both on and off list).

I'm sure I'll be hooked as soon as I get a chance to see the salt.  Heck, I
think I'm hooked
already and I've only seen pictures and a couple video clips.  I would like to
go check out
Bonneville soon, probably next year.  I'd go this year, but I just bought a
house and I don't
think I'll be able to afford a vacation.

How many other list members are from around Seattle?

Thanks again for the welcome, and I look forward to meeting all of you.

Mike Lackey