RE: Oil testing note

To: "Bryan Savage" <b.a.savage@earthlink.net>,
Subject: RE: Oil testing note
From: "Albaugh, Neil" <albaugh_neil@ti.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Mar 2005 14:50:14 -0600
Bryan;

I think some of these lubricant tests are cases of comparing apples &
oranges. I doubt if the lubrication requirements of a ball or roller
bearing (Timken) have much in common with a hydrodynamic oil- film
bearing like rod or main bearings. Four-ball & Pin/V-Block tests are
basically extreme pressure lubrication tests. Most of the time when an
engine bearing fails it isn't the fault of the oil that was used.

Regards, Neil    Tucson, AZ